Monday 17 March 2014

My Own Block of the Month Quilt Project Through Appleyard Cottage

I am delighted that my own Block of the Month Quilt Project is now available online from Appleyard Cottage. Please click on the link at the top of this blog page to connect to the website.

My "Gold Rush" quilt is a sampler of twelve 12 inch pieced blocks with some hand appliqué embellishments.  I really enjoyed making these different blocks in two different colour ways.  I find samplers are a lot of fun to make because you do not get bored making the same block over and over and it is a challenge to piece together the different shapes.  It is also fun to vary the placement of fabrics in traditional quilt blocks to make different shapes.

I have written very extensive notes for the cutting and piecing instructions for each of the twelve blocks.  The instructions have been pattern tested by two of my lovely students to check for accuracy and any typing boo boos.

The BOM is available in a packet each month containing the full instructions, a colour photo of the block, three fat eighths of fabric to make the block and the necessary paper templates for the appliqué.  All for only $15.00 per month, plus postage if required.   There are also two additional options available - one for 2.0 metres of cream background fabric and one for a kit of fabrics to complete the quilt top including sashings, borders and binding.

Here are the blocks Veronica has made for her version of the"Gold Rush" BOM in red, black and mustard:













Here are two photos of my blocks in two different colour ways pieced together to make a bed sized quilt.  The setting instructions for the blocks are included in Month 12.



I hope you will consider taking part in this new project.  Contact www.appleyardcottage.com.au for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment