Wednesday 19 March 2014

Jane Austen Quilt Action at Patchwork Plus, Miranda

I have some lovely ladies working on their Jane Austen quilts in class at Patchwork Plus.

I always love walking Into Lorraine's shop as there is fabric everywhere and always something new to tempt - something that the stash cannot be without!

Here are some photos of today's progress. These are Irene's lovely stars for her "Netherfield".  Soft, muted colours and gorgeous fabrics.  I love them!


Here is the appliqué for her centre block and cornerstone smaller version. Yum!


Here is Madeline's lovely collection of works in progress for her "Netherfield":


This is Val's appliqué "Netherfield" centre:


This is such a beautiful centre  for "Rosings".  I love the fussy cutting in the centre circle and the mustard and brown trapezium shapes.



I am looking forward to returning next month to see more of these quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina

    Beautiful work by you students.
    Did you get my latest emails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are so beautifullllllll !!! really good job ! I'd like to sew a Netherfield center as Val does ! wouaouuhh !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete