Friday 17 May 2013

"Hunsford" is Finished!

I received my "Hunsford" quilt back from Veronica today - all quilted!

I am very thrilled with it.  I think it looks classic and dramatic.  It is named after the small parsonage on the estate of Rosings Park in Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice": the home of Mr Collins and then Charlotte Lucas after they marry.

Veronica was concerned the quilting did not show on the busy background I used but take a look at the following photographs and you will see that the quilting shows up beautifully when the quilt is hung.

As this is my Darling Harbour quilt entry in the 2013 Quilters' Guild of NSW Show, I have not included a photo of the whole quilt.  You will just have to wait a bit longer....



Add caption




Thanks V, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment