Wednesday 22 May 2013

Denise's "Rosings" and More Books on Jane Austen

Denise brought her very nearly, almost finished "Rosings" in to show me today.  She just has to sew the final blue border on.

She is the very first to finish.  This quilt was only started in February this year so she has done lots of work since then.  Look at all that applique on the centre blue background.

It looks really stunning.  Congratulations Denise!




I was delighted to receive two new books that I ordered by Susannah Fullerton all about my hero, Jane Austen.

The first is called "A Dance with Jane Austen" and covers all aspects of attending a ball in Jane Austen's time.

The second is "Celebrating 200 years of Pride and Prejudice" because this year marks the 200th anniversary of the publication of this fabulous novel which is still the most wonderful read.  It is just as fresh as when it was written.


I fondly remember attending lectures with my mother by Susannah Fullerton  on Jane Austen when I was a teenager.  We used to travel into the city of Sydney on a Friday night to hear her.  She was always so enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Susannah is the preeminent expert on Jane Austen and the current President of the Jane Austen Society in Australia.

Thank you Susannah, I look forward to reading your beautiful books.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for the Liebster award (an award program for up and coming bloggers.) You don’t actually win a prize, but you do get some publicity for your blog and get to know more about your fellow bloggers. You can check out my blog at http://bookhostage.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/liebster-award/ or Google the award. Congrats and keep blogging!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katrina! Susannah is still giving talks and is still as fabulous as ever. She will be chatting with me in front of a live audience at Ultimo Library on the 26th of February at 6pm, and I would love to invite you along!

    ReplyDelete