Wednesday 24 May 2017

Magnificent Antique Samplers

I thought I would give you a separate post on the magnificent antique needlework samplers I have seen on the Whitecroft Jane Austen tour.

I am very interested in these beautiful pieces and fondly cherish the samplers I have stitched in the past, particularly when I was commuting an hour in and out of the city each day for work.

Dr Douglas Goodhart, a doctor of medicine, spent over thirty years collecting antique samplers.  His collection, some of which is on display in Montacute House, especially of 16th and 17th century samplers is of international significance.


 
 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

Just a few more pictures.

 


 

 

 


Here are some more samplers seen at Sudeley Castle. 


 

 

 

This is a sampler seen at The American Museum in Bath.

 

Hope you enjoyed these photos.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment