Saturday 17 January 2015

Day 3 in New Zealand: Classes Begin

Today was my first class at Symposium.   I had a fabulous group of New Zealand ladies (plus one Aussie) who began to make paper foundation pieced blocks for their "Spikes and Specks" quilts.

Some ladies had never experienced this technique before so it was great to see them catch on and get excited about their rings of spikes coming together.  Everyone worked very hard and we achieved heaps.  I expect we will have lots of completed blocks tomorrow.

Here are some photos I took very quickly at the end of the day when everyone was packing up.  These will give you an idea of the colours and fabrics being used but I am sure to get more photos tomorrow.
















I forgot to tell you about the Opening Ceremony held at The Regent Theatre in Palmerston North last night.  This theatre was built in 1840 and renovated more recently.  Gorgeous.


The Symposium was declared officially open by the most hilarious female town crier.


It was a great evening where all of the award winners were announced.

Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment