Thursday 30 January 2014

Mid Week Retreat for Me!

Hi everyone,

I have been having a fabulous time being away for a couple of days with friends sewing like crazy!

I am a very lucky girl to have such great friends who enjoy the same things as myself: sewing, eating and a little champagne here and there, not to mention the occasional laughing.

Here is our room set up for work!!!!!!?



I have been working very hard preparing an elaborate appliqué border for a new quilt and have now almost finished doing the machine appliqué on two of the border pieces.  I am giving you a sneak peek.


I have been testing out my new threads from my Aurifil Thread Club box.  They are so beautiful to use!


Veronica has been flat out sewing a new quilt sample for her business which she will kit up very soon.  It is really lovely in soft colours of blue and orange.  Here it is laid out on the floor ready for piecing together.

                               

Veronica was also working on her blocks for her version of my "Gold Rush" Block of the Month quilt in fabulous black, red and mustard.  Here are two just completed.


Tracey has been working on a bold and beautiful quilt made from large half square triangle units.
Looks gorgy arranged here in diamonds of different colours.


What fun to just spend some time on your favourite hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment