Wednesday 8 October 2014

"Heartstrings" at Hobbysew

Some of my ladies at Hobbysew, Kings Park, have been making my string pieced quilt called "Heartstrings".  This is an old technique that is really fun and quick to do. The design is based on a photo of an antique quilt.

I made my original quilt from lots of fabric scraps from my reproduction stash in mid values.  The quilt has a very mellow look to it.



Jill has made a completely different version in "sky blues" - from jelly roll batik strips.  Wow!  We decided to use one of my machine pieced star patterns (Pinwheel Star) for the centre block to complete the masculine look of the quilt.  Stunning!



Dru is making her quilt in lots of strips of Thimbleberries fabrics.  Her version has a very olde worlde romantic feel, with its paper pieced and applique centre block.



Anna has just started making her version from a collection of fat quarters of "Paris Flea Market" she bought in Canada.  These fabrics are so soft and delicate.  This will make a gorgeous quilt.



How amazing to get three TOTALLY different looks from the same pattern!  Great.

By the way, I have been booked to teach at Hobbysew Summer School in January.  The dates are Monday 12, Tuesday 13, Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 January, 2015.  You can book any or all of these dates.

I will be offering all my students a new jelly roll pattern I am making from a new beautiful Moda range called "Autumn Lilly" by 3 Sisters (more on this soon).  Ladies can choose to make this quick and yummy quilt in class or work on any of my other projects.  

Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment