Saturday 24 May 2014

Lovely Trip to Nowra

My lovely girlfriend Colleen and I travelled to Nowra to the Quilting Barn today so that I could teach my ladies the first class of my "Longbourne" quilt.

The ladies had pledged to come to class with their "Pemberley" quilts from last years' classes finished. A big ask!

But Le-Anne was up for the challenge.  Here is her completed "Pemberley", absolutely stunning, and it is the first appliqué quilt she has ever made.  Well done, Le-Anne!  It is really beautiful.  I love the soft colours in the outside appliqué blocks and the stunning border.






This is Karen's "Pemberley" centre which looks very lacey.   She has used some beautiful fabrics in bright red, navy blue and touches of grey.  Wonderful.  The scallops and little borders around her pot corners have a stripe which gives the quilt a soft look, while the dark navy behind the wavy appliqué border is very striking.






This one belongs to Di.  She is still mitring the corners of her Dresden flower border.  Di says she is enjoying the process of making this quilt very much.  Excellent!  The results are great.





Well done ladies. I am looking forward to returning in a month to see the progress on your "Longbourne" quilts.









No comments:

Post a Comment