Tuesday 4 February 2014

Kim Bradley Creations Classes

I spent my day at Kim Bradley Creations, a wonderful patchwork shop at Packard Avenue, Castle Hill, teaching my first class for Kim.

If you would like to join me next month, I am teaching at Kim's the first Wednesday of every month.  Her shop is spacious and beautiful and the workshop room is large and fully appointed; air conditioning is good too!

Although small, we had a very productive class working on some of my quilt designs.

Carla is making "Cherry Ripe" in the always lovely combination of pink and green.  She chose a very lovely floral fabric for her final border which looks like water colour flowers to me.

Here is her centre block and border fabric.


The centre block is a pineapple made by paper foundation piecing methods.  This technique allows us to make complicated patterns with some tiny pieces which would be very difficult to make using other traditional piecing methods.

Here is the centre of my original quilt:


Lesley worked on the central flowers of my "Fragrant Flowers" appliqué quilt.

Here are some close ups of my original quilt, all hand appliquéd.  Lesley has decided to do machine appliqué.  No problem!

I made this quilt a few years ago and it was beautifully quilted by Deborah Louie.  I sewed little seed pearls on the centre circle once the quilting was complete.






Please phone Kim at the shop on 96592912 to book into class.

No comments:

Post a Comment