Thursday 13 February 2014

Foundation Piecing at Kim Bradley Creations, Castle Hill

Kim Bradley has asked me to present a class offering all of my foundation pieced quilts to students.  Please phone the shop at Castle Hill to book into this class commencing Friday, 14 March, 2014 on 02 96592912..

I love sewing foundation pieced quilts because it allows me to make designs I would not be able to create easily any other way, especially circular designs.

I have a variety of quilts to offer.

The first one is Aura, made from New York Beauty blocks.  I made this some time ago using hand dyed and fossil fern type fabrics.



This one is called "Paradise" consisting of a large foundation pieced compass block made in batiks.  There is some lovely machine appliqué in the large corner triangles.




I made the same compass in my favourite reproduction colours in "Bunbury", also with machine appliqué.



                                         
This is "Spikes and Specks":
                                         




This is called "The Way Ahead"




Another quilt is "Ashbourne Mill".




No comments:

Post a Comment