Saturday 26 October 2013

Beautiful Finished Quilts

Some more of my students have recently arrived in the shop to show me their finished quilts.  It is very gratifying to see that my students have enjoyed making their quilts so much that they have continued to work on them after classes have finished and they are very proud to show them to me when they are complete.

Here is Gaye's absolutely magnificent "Cherry Ripe".  Gaye's colour scheme, while still working in the pink and brown that I used, is more subtle which has created a very soft look to her quilt.

She wanted to make the quilt larger than my original design, so she has repeated the woven rectangles and nine patch variation borders from the original quilt to create a very substantial Queen bed size quilt. Wow, I love it!





Here is Robyn from the central coast who has just completed her wonderful "Blue Lotus" quilt.  I am reminded that this quilt was called "the blue thing" for a long time and I had a class booked out ready to make it after just showing the centre circle block.

Robyn has worked very hard to finish her quilt.  She appliquéd all the pieces by hand in button hole stitch and has done a magnificent job on it.  Her quilter has also done a gorgeous job and the binding was just finished today.  Congratulations Robyn, I am so pleased you love your quilt.





Here are some small "baby" blocks Natalie made today for her "Millefiori" quilt.  They are very cute.


And just because I am a proud Mum, here is my son James playing the flute at the school concert last night.


And here is David playing the violin (he was positioned behind the piano so it was hard to get a photo of him).



No comments:

Post a Comment