Thursday 5 October 2017

“Aussie Sue” Pattern Released

With the recent revival of reproduction fabrics from the 1930s, I have brought out one of my favourite quilts from the past!

This is “Aussie Sue”.  It is a calendar quilt, depicting a cute Sunbonnet Sue every month of the year in Australia.


I made this quilt using the fusible appliqué technique and I button hole stitched it by hand.  It also includes hand embroidery for the stitchery letters and embellishments.





Here are some details of the different months.

January is Australia Day.


February is Valentine’s Day.



March is Easter.


April is ANZAC Day.


August is in the windy month.


October is beach time.


November is Melbourne Cup.


December is Christmas.



The Stitchers Cupboard in Camden (4655 8348) has my quilt on display and the pattern for sale.

You can also purchase the pattern directly from myself for $20 + postage.  Email me on kat.had@bigpond.com.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment