Wednesday 20 July 2016

Gorgeous Work by Chris, Sue and Pat

It was great to see Chris' almost completed "Pennsylvania" quilt recently.

Chris started this quilt in class with me a couple of years ago and she has just got back to it (after finishing lots of my Jane Austen quilt designs).  

This has always been one of my favourite quilt designs.  My original featured lots of fabrics from my stash of reproductions.  I always thought the quilt had a "Dear Jane" feel, after the civil war quilt by Jane Sickle.

Chris has done a great job with her beautiful quilt.




After putting a photo of Chris' quilt on Facebook, I have had several requests for the pattern.  I am working on converting it to sell on Craftsy.  Stay tuned.

I was delighted to receive the photograph below from Sue, showing the progress she has made on her "Pemberley" centre.  It is looking really lovely, Sue.

                             

Here a couple of shots of the lovely Pat with her spectacular version of "Meryton".  Pat made this quilt in class at Lyn's Fine Needlework, Baulkham Hills.  She is giving it to her grand daughter, who loves bright colours.  Amazing work, Pat.



No comments:

Post a Comment