Sunday 8 February 2015

Great Work from The Richmond Stitchers

My ladies from the Richmond area meet every term for a weekend away at Mulgoa.  I go up on the Sunday to teach them some of my quilt designs.  Lots of work was happening last weekend (as well as lots of laughs and high jinks, I gather!)

Here is Judy's version of my "Black Magic" quilt using the X-Blocks cutting tool.  It looks awesome!  Love the stripey border - and perfectly mitred as well.



This is Jan's version of my whack and stack Le Moyne star quilt.  Jan used an Australian wildflower fabric, wow!



Judy had also nearly finished the blocks of her "Marrakesh" quilt, while several ladies were just starting.  This is Judy's, with finished blocks arranged in a serpentine arrangement:


These blocks were made by Mary from a Philip Jacobs for Rowan fabric called "Feathers" (picture following).  How fabulous does this fabric look? - Mary was tired of using pink so this is ultra masculine!



These blocks are by Jan from a glorious purple Japanese floral called "Noble Family" by Mizuki for Benartex.  These look sensational as well.



These blocks are by Kim who was using an amazing black fabric with swirly flowers and leaves:


These are by Di who wanted a Christmas quilt, so she chose a cute Christmas striped fabric.



These blocks are by Karol who was also using a great Philip Jacobs floral print: lovely!


I really enjoy teaching whack and stack quilts - I have four different designs to choose from.  They are always great fun and the end results are always stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment