Saturday 13 December 2014

Holiday Projects

It will be great to have a break from teaching for a couple of weeks.  That does not mean I will be taking it easy!  

It is this time of year that I try to get heaps of sewing done and catch up on all the notes I need to write for the new classes I will be teaching in the new year. It never stops.

At the moment I am busy putting together a major quilt project for Quilters Companion magazine to be published next year.  I am really enjoying using the brand new Penny Rose fabric lines of Civil War Miniatures and Civil War Times distributed here in Australia by Sue Daley.

Love the colours and the look of the crisp shirting for the background fabric.  Here is a little peek.



I am also working very hard on hand applique blocks for the next quilt in the Jane Austen Quilt Collection called "Lambton".  Lucky I have plenty of DVDs to watch while stitching - thanks Kerrie for Downtown Abbey!!

I have started a new quilt for the exciting "red and white challenge" for the 2015 NSW Quilters' Guild 2015 Sydney Quilt Show which has heaps of machine applique.

Then there is a new cushion to be made in all the yummy felted wool from The Stitchers' Cupboard and the next Textiles Across the Tasman challenge quilt with the theme of "journey".

All the notes need to be written for "Meryton", "Henrietta", Pickled Paisley", "Autumn Lily" etc.

Wow, I better get to work.....  what are you working on these holidays???

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I will be working on all the homework you have given me over the last couple of years :-(

    ReplyDelete