Friday 19 July 2019

Needlework Tours and Cruises Sydney Retreat

I was very happy to attend the recent Sydney retreat organised by Maureen and Simon from Needlework Tours and Cruises, where I taught “Pemberley” and “Wentworth”.

Here I am holding up “Pemberley”.




The retreat was held in the beautiful grounds of Knox Grammar School at Wahroonga and we were blessed with beautiful weather most days.




First was my “Pemberley” class teaching all my hand appliqué techniques.  The ladies had a lot to tackle, lots of samples were made and some progress on the centre block.

This one by Janet.


And this one by Louisa.


Then a lovely day off, including a visit to gorgeous Collaroy in the winter sunshine (plus a couple of patchwork shops on the northern beaches).




My next class was to teach “Wentworth”.  Lots more techniques and work on the centre of the quilt.



This beautiful one is by Cathy.


Great work by Janet with William Morris fabrics.


This striking one by Lorraine.


A tutor’s stall evening was held where I had the opportunity to sell some of my patterns and kits.

Here I am with Louisa.





It was a fabulous event.  Such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, everyone enjoying their passion for embroidery and quilting with wonderful tutors, perfect organisation, yummy food and lots of fun.  I highly recommend attending the next one.  Thank you Maureen and Simon for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment