Friday 14 June 2019

“Winchester” Nominated for Quilters Companion Hall of Fame

Remember my red and cream appliqué medallion quilt called “Winchester”?  




It has been nominated in the top 100 projects from Quilters’ Companion magazine!  

You can vote for my quilt (please) and enter the competition 
here.

This quilt was inspired by the medieval floor tiles in Winchester Cathedral, where Jane Austen is buried.


Here is the front of beautiful Winchester Cathedral, taken when I was there in 2017.


Here is the plaque commemorating Jane Austen.



Here are some of the floor tiles which inspired the design of my quilt.  So cool to be able to walk across such an historic floor.



Here is a close up of the centre of my quilt.


And more details.


The quilt was magnificently quilted by Belinda Betts of Eucalypt Ridge Quilting.


I was very happy to win a second place ribbon for the quilt in the special “Red and White” (Commercially Quilted) quilt category at the Sydney Show in 2015.



I presented the pattern for “Winchester” and an accompanying DVD for Issue #78 of Quilters Companion.


Here is Michelle Marvig and I in the studio on the day of filming the DVD.



It has been great to revisit the story of this quilt.  I hope you will vote in the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment