Wednesday 16 May 2018

Beautiful Quilts in the Making

It is so wonderful to see my students enjoying their stitching.  I love sharing my designs and techniques so that everyone can experience the pleasure and stress relief of hand stitching.  Several classes at The Stitchers Cupboard last week revealed beautiful results.

This is a stunning version of “Highbury” being made by Pam.  
She loves soft, pastel shades and obviously is rather fond of pink.




Beautiful work!


Here are some more versions of the same quilt.  It is great to see all the different interpretations of the one design.

The first one is by Jenny.


This is by Lyn, fabulous work with teal and gold bows.


This one is by Jennie from beautiful reproductions.


This one is by Narelle in 1930s vintage florals.  Just lovely!


Another Jenny was working on sewing her lovely “Hartfield” pieces together.  Love it.



Robyn has almost finished her jewel toned version  of “Netherfield”.  This is stunning.  
It is the second quilt I made in my Jane Austen collection, a combination of hand appliqué and machine piecing.


Close up of the centre.


What have I been sewing?  I am behind on my deadline for the next Jane Austen quilt, to be called “Donwell Abbey”.  
He is a glimpse.  I have been able to binge watch all the seasons of “A Place to Call Home”.  So much fun and filmed in my area.



No comments:

Post a Comment