Thursday 31 May 2018

A Quiet Week

With not as many classes at the end of the month, I have had a chance to work on quilts and catch up a bit.

I was thrilled to receive a new quilt back from Belinda Betts of Eucalypt Ridge Quilting in Orange who always does a stunning job on quilting my quilts. This one is called “Desert to Sea” and is entered in the Southern Stars special category at this year’s QuiltNSW Sydney Quilt Show.  

Again, breath taking quilting.  Thank you Belinda!


Finally, I have made the finishing touches to both of my Show quilts, the labels.  Very important, I know, but always the last hurdle to finish a quilt.





I am in full production mode to complete the final appliqué borders on my next Jane Austen quilt called “Donwell Abbey”.  Lots of appliqué stems, flowers and leaves to go.



I had a lovely class down at Jukejema Quilting Barn in Nowra.  The ladies were all starting new quilts so not a lot to show you yet but Robyn brought in her stunning centre for “Hartfield”, began in class last year.


I have received this lovely photo from a group of ladies who attended my workshop for The Quilting Room in Adelaide in February.  They got together for a retreat and all completed the centre medallion of their “Pemberley” quilts.  Wow, they are all gorgeous.  Go girls!


Here is the lovely work April has done on her “Cordelia” cushion in class at The Stitchers Cupboard.




Natalie has added lots of her beautiful fussy cut flowers and leaves to her “Highbury” Centre.  It is gorgeous.



Back to appliqué for me.  Stay warm everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment