Tuesday 20 March 2018

Jane Austen Community Story Quilt

I am so honoured and delighted to have my work included in a wonderful project organised by the Jane Austen House Museum in Chawton, United Kingdom.

The Jane Austen Community Story Quilt was unveiled in an event at the Learning Centre of the Museum on Saturday, 10 March. 


I have highlighted the position of my nine inch block, in the top row, second from the left.

I was asked to represent the houses in Jane Austen’s novels.  This had special significance for me, as all of the quilts in my Jane Austen Quilt Collection are named after these houses in “Pride and Prejudice” and now in “Emma”.


You may recognise the names of some of my quilts embroidered around my appliqué Regency style house.

All of the blocks were made by Jane Austen fans and groups from around the United Kingdom and the world.

The quilt is over 100” x 60” and contains 57 different blocks.


Each block is framed with plain blue sashings and simply quilted.  Many blocks are exquisitely detailed.










More details about the quilt can be found here.  

Thank you to Lucy Bailey, the Project Manager and the Museum for including me in this very special project.

No comments:

Post a Comment