Saturday 7 January 2017

New Projects 2017

I have been very busy over the holiday period working on a number of new patterns and projects for my students.

I have completed three new items so far:

First is "Sherbet Fizz", a pretty cushion made with pieced braids and ric rac embellishment.

BloggerImage

This was fun to make, especially trying braided piecing for the first time.

BloggerImage

Next is a table runner I have called "Jade Feather".  You may remember the yummy fabric I had to choose from at The Stitchers Cupboard.

BloggerImage

Here is what I made:  I let the fabric do the work with some simple blocks on point.  I embellished the cream triangles with some hand quilted scallops and flowers.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

Last, is another cushion I called "Boxed In".  It was fun to use more modern fabrics than my usual stash and some simple line work in the quilting.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

All three projects will be available as patterns and optional kits from The Stitchers Cupboard in Camden soon after Monday, 9 January, when the shop reopens after the Christmas break.  I will be there teaching the first class of Summer School.  I will be presenting my new string pieced quilt called "Charlotte".

BloggerImage

Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment