Friday 24 June 2016

I Received a Ribbon at the QuiltNSW Sydney Quilt Show!

Greetings to Michelle and Glynne!

I received a Judges Commendation for my quilt called "Wentworth" in the 2016 QuiltNSW Sydney Quilt Show in the Commercially Quilted - Small Category!  Yay!

       

Thank you to the very talented Belinda Betts of Eucalypt Ridge Quilting, who did a magnificent job of quilting my quilt.  We make a great team, as we also won a ribbon in last year's Show.

Here I am in front of the quilt hanging in the Show.  This is the quilt I will be teaching at my first joint retreat with Amanda Daly at Kurri Kurri in July.


Some close ups.




The whole quilt, with ribbon!


It was great to see my work in the hoop display at the entrance to the Quilt Display.  A number of tutors and well known quilters were asked to contribute a block for this new display.  The blocks were inserted back to back in embroidery hoops and were hung at different levels by fishing wire.  They all spun around and around.  It looked terrific.



I had a very social day at the Show on Wednesday and hope to go back on Sunday for a serious look at all the quilts.  Thanks QuiltNSW, Expertise Events and all the sponsors for another great Show.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your ribbon - your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!!! A real stunner AND a winner!

    ReplyDelete