Sunday 19 May 2019

Introducing “Norland Park”

I am very excited to reveal my new Jane Austen quilt, for classes in 2020. 

Here is “Norland Park”, number eleven in my series named after places in Jane Austen’s novels.  

All of these designs include lots of English paper piecing and hand appliqué.  This one is no exception.


“Norland Park” comes from the novel “Sense and Sensibility”.


I have used a vibrant colour scheme of blue, pumpkin, red, purple and gold with many pieces fussy cut from reproduction fabrics.





I have been working on this quilt for two years and have fond memories of taking the hexagon medallions with me to work on during my travels.











The quilt will now go off to Helen Hayes to do her magic with the quilting.

I am looking forward to teaching “Norland Park” extensively in my classes next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment