Sunday 4 September 2016

More Fun with the Silver City Quilters

On Saturday night the whole class were invited to join us for dinner at the lovely S Que Restaurant in Broken Hill.

The food was divine and the company was pretty good looking too.


I forgot to take a photo of my main course which was Champagne infused Barramundi on a bed of bok choy with sweet potato purée and a chilli and coconut milk sauce (I think).  But I did take a pic of my favourite course: dessert, of course.  A peanut butter ice cream cake with rich chocolate fudge sauce.  Wow! Very yummy.  Can highly recommend this place.


This morning I had a quick detour around the city to soak up the ambience of Australia's first National Heritage Listed city.  I love the old architecture with the wooden and wrought iron lace work and all the verandas.  













Back to the classroom for more teaching, laughing and eating.

Here is Lynne holding up her "Meryton" centre which she began in class in Victor Harbor with The Quilting Room in February.  Lynne calls herself my "number one groupie".  Thanks Lynne, great to see you again.


Here she is again later in the day showing progress on her "Lambton" from this weekend.



Here is the group shot of a wonderful group of ladies from the Silver City Quilters.  Thank you ladies for another delightful visit to your group.


More progress on the ladies quilts.











After a very delayed flight I am finally on my way home on the train.  I will be there very late but happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment