Wednesday 30 December 2015

Happy New Year

I have had a lot of great things happen for me this year!

A huge thank you to all of my friends, students, shop owners and blog readers for being a part of my year.

It is always great to reflect on the past at this time of year.

                         

The highlight of my year was of course my trip to the United Kingdom in September to take part in the Whitecroft "The Life and Times of Jane Austen" Tour.  This was an experience I will never forget.

I have made several new quilts this year which have received prizes and lots of enrolments in class. I received my official accreditation for Teaching Special Workshop Techniques from the Quilters' Guild of NSW.  I have travelled to various locations to teach this year including New Zealand, Victor Harbor, Broken Hill, Wodonga, Stanwell Tops and Castlemaine.

Lots more travelling is on my agenda for the future including a quilting cruise in April, a retreat in Wangaratta in late April and a shop retreat in New Zealand in August. I am also looking forward to returning to Broken Hill, Victor Harbor, Wodonga and Castlemaine next year.

Happy New Year everyone.  I hope 2016 brings you much love and a little time for stitching.

K xx

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Katrina! Wow, you achieved so much in 2015, you must be exhausted in the best possible way. I look forward to lots
    more stitching with you in 2016 commencing with the gorgeous Lambton quilt. Although I can't make it to any summer school classes because of my cruise, you will be happy to know that I have covered all my hexies for the Netherfield lozenges so I will have plenty of hand sewing to do whilst sailing over the waves. Best wishes to you and your boys for a wonderful 2016!🎉🎉🎊🎊✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the very best in the new year Katrina. It might not seem like it on your end, but from my end your completiions inspire me to more completions. Thank you, stay calm, and Hakuna Matata, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. I hope that you can come to my part of NZ and join in with your workshop. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Katrina, are you greek? Your name is very greek/cypriot. Just wondering.
    Regards from Cyprus
    Stella Kimonis, Nicosia, Cyprus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. I look forward to a great year. I will be in New Zealand in August, teaching in Auckland, North Island and Ashburton, South Island. The name "Hadjimichael" does have a Cypriot heritage but I am not Greek myself.
    Regards,

    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete