Wednesday 10 September 2014

Class Projects at Hobbysew, Kings Park

My students at Kings Park have been working on one of my favourite designs called "Heartstrings".  I made my version some time ago using a lot of left over strips from my reproduction stash of fabrics.  The technique of sewing is called string piecing.  It is a very forgiving and fun process.

Here is my quilt:


The girls decided to make their own 12 inch block for the centre block.

Drew used English paper piecing and appliqued a pretty pattern for her centre block and is using left overs from her Thimbleberries stash. Looks lovely and feminine.


Michelle utilised one of my patterns from "Antique Stars" for her centre block.  It is called Pinwheel Star.  She is using jelly roll strips of blue batiks.  Very dramatic and masculine.


Lesley was working on her Pemberley blocks for the last border.  She has joined the pieces by hand and is doing the applique on the machine.  They look fantastic.  First is a Dresden block, just the centre to go.  Then four of her corner heart flowers blocks.





No comments:

Post a Comment