Saturday 4 February 2012

Classes are Back!

"Spikey" Class

I had a lovely class at Country Pickins' at the Corner at Dural yesterday.  This was the first time I have taught my new "Spikes and Specks" quilt.  Still love the colours and the quilting Veronica Appleyard did on it is gorgeous!



The girls did well (especially those who had never done foundation piecing before!) and we nearly finished one block in class.

Here are a few examples to show you different colour scheme ideas.

This one belongs to Janine - she loves those gorgeous batiks!



The next one belongs to Jenny, very pretty: 




The next two photographs are of Jills completed rings laid over the top of two different colour choices for background and centre.  What a difference!  Which one will she choose?





It is such fun playing with colours and fabrics.  I cannot wait to see what other colour combos the girls come up with.

If you are interested in doing this class with me, I will be repeating the class at Dural on Saturdays 6 October, 3 November and 1 December, 2012.  Just phone the shop to book in on 02 9651 7201.

I also have spaces left in the class at Pioneer Patchwork at Narellan scheduled for Saturdays 18 August and 15 September, 2012.  The shop number is 02 4647 3555.

Happy stitching, 

Katrina

2 comments:

  1. Well done Country Pickin's Girls !!!
    This is the first time that I have seen your lovely work and I think it is amazing.

    Robyen XXOOXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina, I saw your quilts yesterday at AQC. You do outstanding work and would love to do a class with you one day (Melbourne). Do you have a published schedule of where do do classes ?

    ReplyDelete