Monday 13 August 2018

Teaching “Meryton” for Vic Quilters

I have had a terrific couple of days teaching all of my appliqué techniques to a group of ladies from Vic Quilters Inc.  

They chose to make “Meryton”, the sixth quilt in my Jane Austen Collection.

Mary had put together this beautiful corner for her Centre piece by the end of the two days.


As the centre of the quilt consists of a large hexagon medallion, I provided the pattern ahead of time.  It was great to see all the different variations.
Same design, different colours.

















Some of the ladies also prepared some extra hexagons and jewels to go on the quilt.  













It was a great venue at the Box Hill RSL Club.


The motel was very appropriate for me, I thought.


The camellias were beautiful.  I have seen more rain this weekend in Melbourne than all year in Sydney, I think!




Thank you to Marie Lee (President) and the Committee of Vic Quilters for your friendship and hospitality. Happy stitching ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment