Wednesday 11 December 2013

Announcing the Appleyard Cottage Aurifil Thread Club!

I have an exciting announcement to make!

My dear friend, Veronica Appleyard, is starting an online business to sell patchwork kits and associated products. Watch this space for details of the upcoming launch of her new website!

In the meantime, she has allowed me to announce the commencement of her brand new Aurifil Thread Club called "Appliqué Favourites".


In consultation with myself, Veronica has chosen seventy-two of the most gorgeous colours from the Aurifil Cotton Mako 50 weight range of threads.  Each spool contains 200 metres of this fine thread from Italy. The threads are very beautiful to use for all your hand sewing, including hand appliqué and English paper piecing as well as machine appliqué for a fine and lovely buttonhole stitch.


There are many colours to match your reproduction range of fabrics as well as lots of neutrals and blenders and some brighter colours as well.  They would work with earthy tones, batiks and softer colour ranges also.  

I am so delighted with my new box of threads! Here I am, ready to start using them on my latest Jane Austen Collection quilt.


You can register for the Thread Club by phoning Veronica on her home number on 02 9603 4671 or email her on veronica@appleyardcottage.com.au. For your first monthly instalment you will receive your own thread box and six spools of Aurifil thread.  Every month after that for eleven months, you will receive six more threads until you receive the full collection of 72 colours.

Let me know what you think...


No comments:

Post a Comment