Saturday 22 October 2022

Aurifil Artisan Challenge for October

 This month’s challenge was to create a piece using both hand and machine quilting.

I love to add a lot of hand quilting to my smaller projects.  I think it adds beautiful texture and colour to a piece.  Also, I love the rhythmic relaxation of sitting and hand stitching.

This time I combined simple straight lines quilted on the machine with the more intricate hand quilting around the details of the stitchery and the applique.  This is “Harriet’s Hexie Bag”.


My design incorporates a lovely stitchery flower surrounded by panels of gorgeous hexagons! I have hand quilted using 12 weight thread around the stitchery and inside every little hexagon.  The back pale green panels are simply machine quilted using gorgeous 50 weight cotton Aurifil thread.

I loved making this pretty bag using some of my favourite fabrics and the beauty of my Aurifil threads enhances my work, as always.









No comments:

Post a Comment